- Sector: Manufacturing & Materials
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Andy Leake
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 446104
- Expiry Date: 29 November 2021
- Job Ref: 59576
A high-profile Technical Sales Engineer required for a global industrial leader in the engineered bearings and power transmission markets. Based in the Midlands there will be a requirement for UK and international travel.
Taking full CRM responsibility for developing existing primary accounts and reacting to new opportunities within multiple markets, supported by the wider business, the role is a high-profile position with a direct effect on company growth. The role is split with around a 60% commercial and 40% technical knowledge requirement.
Role and Responsibilities:
- To take responsibility through exceptional relationship building of the existing rail facing portfolio, revenues of $10m, in the UK and Nordic region.
- To develop OEM and distribution relationships in wider markets, such as automotive, renewable energies and aerospace.
- Recognition of, and response to, future opportunities both long term and transactional, to win new business.
- The role has a 60% commercial and 40% technical knowledge split.
- Communicate clearly and timely with engineering personnel to understand customer requirements and relay that information to supporting internal functional specialists.
The following skills are required:
- You will have experience selling technical or engineered components.
- Knowledge of bearings or power transmission components advantageous, not essential.
- You will have the experience and credibility to operate at a high level and deal with major tenders and sometimes complex contractual and service level agreements.
- A good understanding of technical and engineering principles is required.
- Ideally you will have a relevant engineering degree, although other relevant qualifications will be considered.
- Must have an exceptional understanding of, and experience in, tender, SLAs, RFI and RFQ processes. As well as contractual obligations and liabilities.
- Ability to be able to communicate clearly with engineering personnel to understand customer requirements and relay that information to supporting internal functional specialists.
- You will be self-motivated to manage the CRM from start to finish.
- You will be confident to communicate and influence at high levels.
- You will be enthusiastic.
- Be able to travel UK and internationally as and when required by the business or customer.
- This is an exciting opportunity with a competitive remuneration package for someone to be part of a global corporation and have influence in company growth. There will be opportunity for career progression within the company’s succession planning strategies for the right person.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.