A technical sales position exists with a specialist, high tech electronics solutions provider, serving key players in the Aerospace & Defence markets. They are seeking a Technical Sales & Business Development Manager to win new customers and to drive new business with existing customers.
Your duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Deliver agreed budgets and strategic plan for both the receipt of orders and the delivery of those orders to the customer.
- To work closely with the European Sales Director in providing clear information on the status of the customer order book.
- To drive continuous improvement through the use of departmental metrics and KPIs.
- Maintain a key understanding of customers, competitors and markets.
- Support and present customer bid submissions.
- Help negotiate customer contracts, review Terms & Conditions and ensure they are consistent with commercial objectives.
- Identify sales opportunities for new products.
We are looking for the following:
- A commercial professional with a strong engineering background in defence electronics, specifically TEMPEST certified products.
- Defence industry experience in a sales or BD role.
- An excellent communicator with a high level of commercial acumen.
- Degree qualified within engineering discipline is desirable.
- Current SC level security clearance is essential.
This is an excellent opportunity for an Business Development Professional with knowledge of defence and electronics manufacturing to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Gloucester based company will offer you:
- Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package
- Non-standard pension scheme
Interviews for the Business Development Manager will commence with immediate effect with a view to starting as soon as possible. For further information on this position please contact Tom Duckett at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446163.