Attractive + Benefits
about 2 months ago
Technical Quotation & Pricing Specialist – West London
Attractive - Aerospace, Defence & Aviation – Permanent
An Aerospace, Defence and Aviation engineering organisation are looking for a Technical Quotation & Pricing Specialist who will be responsible for providing quality, detailed commercial support, guidance, and knowledge to the company. The Technical Quotation & Pricing Specialist will work with various elements of the business, in particular Sales, Commercial and Customer Services staff in support of technical pricing of customer proposals, tenders, agreements & some work orders. The Technical Quotation & Pricing Specialist will work closely with the Managing Director and Ops Director to develop pricing strategies with varying commercial scenarios. The Technical Quotation & Pricing Specialist will work closely with the Engineering Manager to gain knowledge and expertise in the repair MRO product lines to ascertain best pricing policies regarding equipment types.
Technical Quotation & Pricing Specialist - Responsibilities
- Gain an in-depth knowledge into parts pricing of the parts consumed within repairs.
- Attain market availability, cost and alternative sources include the used market.
- Ascertain turnaround time and warranty commitments for use within proposals.
- Liaison and discussion with customers will be necessary.
- Identify where costs associated with non-quality can be reduced.
- Conduct cost improvements to increase efficiencies to meet customer expectations.
- Assist Sales, Commercial and Customer Services teams with bid pricing.
- Perform technical and commercial analysis on data extracted from business systems.
- Develop and maintain a sound knowledge of IT systems and software.
- Record data in the RFQ database and Fixed Pricing Database.
- Be aware of material and labour costs, and ensure commercial proposals meet targets.
- Provide commercial guidance and help to various parts of the business as required.
- Assist Product Team Leaders and Purchasing with stock holding.
- Work with Quality, Customer Service and Commercial to ensure KPI targets are met.
- Help to maintain and improve TAT (turn-around-time), quality, and cost effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to other team members to realise business objectives.
- Work as part of a team, with a professional, positive, and constructive approach.
Qualifications & Skills Required for the Technical Quotation & Pricing Specialist
- Educated to degree level, or HND/HNC/NVQ with equivalent experience.
- Ideally a Technical Aerospace/Aviation background with a commercial acumen.
- Good IT skills and able to perform technical and commercial data analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. able to negotiate and influence.
- Experience of providing pricing proposals based on technical data.
- Experience of working within a manufacturing, or repair and maintenance sector.
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills and an ability to prioritise.
- Focused and methodical approach to managing work and a good attention to detail.
- A team player able to work under pressure and take ownership.
- Full current driving licence and able to travel to other company and customer sites.
Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry.
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Technical Quotation & Pricing Specialist, then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446102 or Email suitable MS Word CV’s - email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.