Technical Proposals Engineer
Location: East Grinstead
A Technical Proposals Manager is required with knowledge of automation solutions and engineering.
We are looking for a Proposals Engineer to join my clients growing engineering business who focus on the supply of automation systems, modifications and solutions to the automotive industry. My client has established a strong reputation in the global automotive marketplace. The successful candidate will produce quotations primarily for the UK automotive Industry to increase the company's market share. Candidates with experience of the Automotive industry would be well received.
As a Technical Proposals Engineer you will be required to:
- Provide sales support to the Site Teams based around the UK
- Meet the customer face to face or by phone to clarify the RFQ content
- Concept and develop robust solutions in response to RFQs
- Engage engineering departments for technical assistance when necessary
- Issue of RFQ's to specialist equipment or service suppliers and subsequent quotation analysis
- Prepare a technical response to RFQs
- Produce detailed cost estimates in accordance with the company procedures
- Create project execution timing plans
- Manage time efficiently to ensure RFQ requests are submitted by the bid due date
- Engage with the customer during the bid evaluation process and present our proposal to the customer as required
- Liaise with our automotive division in Germany and other international locations when required
The Technical Proposals Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Good, all round engineering skills
- Able to concept good automotive solutions for new or existing engine production lines.
- Able to understand and produce high level project plans.
- Able to effectively and efficiently liaise with specialist departments such as engineering to ensure proposed solutions are robust, well calculated and meet the customer brief.
- Electrical hardware bias would be advantageous.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of working in a proposals role and an engineering background and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Proposals Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email .