An experienced Technical Programme Leader (Powertrain / Drivetrain) is required to support the business' need to meet programme timelines, in both current and new product development, we require an experienced drive train project lead / lead engineer.
To successfully lead a team and work within a team to create critical components, systems and/or processes. All project and internal / external customer requirements must be met on time and within agreed budget.
Reporting directly to the engineering manager the technical programme leaders are accountable to pull together and/or lead existing teams of individuals, who may or may not have worked together before, to solve technical problems and/or create critical component(s), systems or processes.
Effective professional leadership is required by demonstrating strong interpersonal / communication skills. In this role Project leadership may account for up to 50% of the workload, with the remaining time spent acting as an individual contributor.
Whilst bringing technical expertise to the table, it will also be necessary to facilitate success by translating information from both customers, management and team members alike in to actions and leveraging some indirect resources as required. You will have the responsibility for drawing out the deliverables from the corporate management tools and translating them into a resourced plan.
- A Bachelor's degree in an accredited Engineering, Computer Science, or Materials Science curriculum plus >10 years of engineering experience
- A Master's degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or materials Science curriculum plus 7-10 years of engineering experience
- A doctorate in Engineering plus 5-7 years of engineering experience.
- Experience of driveline development, design, integration and validation and root cause analysis methodologies.
- Ability to self-direct, lead and work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of engineering to release processes.
To apply for this position please contact Rachel Meacham.