£40k - 55k per year + Car + Pension
3 months ago
Job Title - Technical Product Manager
£ 40,000 p.a. - £ 55,000 p.a.+ Car
Location: UK Homebased
We are looking to recruit a Technical Product Manager for a plastics packaging manufacturer. The company are at the forefront of manufacturinng packaging solutions that are less harmful to the environment than single use plastics.
The Technical Product Manager will have an in depth technical knowledge of plastic film processing, working with customers to gain the best results from their products.This is a rarer opportunity for a methodical/technically minded person to work from a homebase and meet a broad range of customers.
As Technical Product Manager you will be:
- Planning, carrying out and supervising product trials, on customer plants.
- In conjunction with the production and technical teams to gather data to inform the viability of formulations into the production process at identified projects.
- To train and advise operators at customer on-site trials, to be able to successfully run the company products to meet the commercial outcomes identified.
- To use technical knowledge to devise new processes, or refine existing ones, to optimise the manufacturing process and improve yields and reduce wastage through data logging and sample collections.
- Identify potential commercial opportunities via suitable OEMs, partner organisations and industry contacts and make initial contacts using agreed protocols.
- Where requested take part in marketing/promotional events to represent the company and give technical information to potential customers.
The Technical Product Manager will have:
- Hands on experience of running film extrusion machines.
- A good technical understanding of the characteristics of polymer films.
- Experience of customer facing troubleshooting, material trials.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.