We are seeking a Technical to be involved in supporting, coordinating and planning activities in the Seat development team at Cranfield.
The ideal candidate will need to be available immediately or at short notice.
Candidates will be expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Track design team progress and delivery through weekly reviews supporting the management team.
- Trial parts ordering and status monitoring.
- Preparation of basic Specification Tenders and Design Release for mass production.
- Manage and coordinate cost reduction activities for ideas generation to maximise department cost reduction delivery.
- Cost reporting and activity co-ordination for new model projects.
- Department agenda management (key events, project milestones and deadlines tracking across all projects.)
- Support the management team with the efficient and effective management of the department.
- Supplier Test Report System status monitoring and reporting.
The Technical Officer should have the following skills or experience:
- Educated to a good GCSE level with grade 3 or above in Maths and English.
- Should be an effective communicator at all levels as interactions within the company will be across a wide spectrum and at varying levels.
- Should have a challenging and growth mind-set; be self-motivated, and able to work individually or within a team.
- Should be experienced at negotiating support from colleagues to achieve objectives.
- Must have strong numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interrogate data sets and present findings in a transparent and concise way.
- Must be computer literate, including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Candidates will require an advanced level of competence in Excel as there is a need to develop / operate complex files.
- Must have sufficient technical capability to understand the basic structure, operation and requirements of automotive systems.
- High degree of integrity/confidentiality and the ability to work on their own to tight deadlines
- Experience in a busy office environment with a high workload
- A full driving license
If you have any questions about the Technical Officer role or would like to apply, please contact Tina Field at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889259
Unfortunately candidates requiring visa sponsorship CANNOT be considered for this role. To apply you MUST have either an EU/UK passport or a Visa that does not require sponsorship
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.