Wednesbury, West Midlands
Up to £35000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
£35,000 per annum
My client are a well established manufacturer of castings owned by an international group of companies based in the Wednesbury area.
* Support the Technical Manager in attending all technical related meetings including the weekly Quality Meetings.
* Report all major process or product non-conformances to the Technical Manager as soon as possible. Initiate non-conformance reports and implement investigations and corrective actions as necessary.
* Prepare new or update existing work instructions within your area of responsibility to ensure work practices are documented accurately and integrated into our quality system.
* Support the estimating by providing accurate proposals for tooling manufacture and methods application to aid the manufacturing cost accuracy.
* Design and development of new pattern equipment for foundry use with the support of external Pattern Shops and the Foundry Manager.
* Chemically bonded sand analysis. The development and improvement of existing systems and procedures.
* The management of the internal samples and trials procedure including, organising and supervising trials, informing department managers of any special instructions or requirements in a timely manner, the final analysis and reporting of trials including reports if necessary and recommendations.
* Daily scrap analysis and reporting.
* Casting Observations.
* Preparation and presentation of Technical reports including customer complaint investigations, project updates, technical developments and concession applications.
Ideally you will currently be working in a foundry as a Foundry Engineer, Technical Officer or Methods Engineer. Experience of steel and or iron castings is desired although an aluminium background would also be considered.
Metallurgy qualifications are a nice to have although experience gained through on the job training is also acceptable.
Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this excellent opportunity with a company with a very high staff retention rate.