Production Manager - Packing
Food Manufacturing Operations - East London
The company is a high-profile and respected brand in the food manufacturing industry. The purpose of the role is to lead the packing area team to ensure customer expectations are met efficiently, safely and at minimum cost whilst striving for continuous improvement.
The main duties of the Production Manager - Packing role:
- Manage department area to ensure compliance to food safety standards.
- Demonstrate ownership of area, including ancillary plant to ensure legislative and regulatory compliance.
- Develop detailed understanding of area operations and key department interfaces to drive efficiency improvements.
- Contribute to and assist in implementation of project activities to improve area operations - safety, quality, efficiency and new product development.
- Manage performance of team members through clear communication of role expectations, regular performance appraisal, addressing shortfalls and recognising good performance.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure timely and accurate completion of production orders.
Required skills and experience: Production Manager - Packing
- A demonstrated career history working in food processing or related manufacturing operations.
- Educated to Degree level in a relevant subject.
- Experience of working in continuous improvement or implementing a continuous improvement system is essential.
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to motivate, provide vision and be able to set clear expectations of acceptable standards.
- The ability to quickly gain a technical understanding to ensure safe and efficient working practices.
We are immediately sourcing suitable candidates for this role. If you are interested please apply with your CV and covering letter, along with confirmation of your current notice period and salary. Alternatively, please call Justin Wainwright directly on 01268 889267