Dependent on experience
about 2 months ago
An established manufacturer of building products, the company are looking to recruit a Technical Manager to be the interface between the manufacturing team and product development teams. The Technical Manager will have held a similar position in a manufacturing environment and will have a good knowledge of plastics and/or metals.
The Technical Manager duties include:
- You will be responsible to the Managing Director for managing and reporting all aspects of the technical need of the company and the projects under your control including "horizon scanning" for operational hazards.
- Liaise closely and positively with the Quality Assurance team to ensure issues are dealt with in a timely and proficient manner.
- You will demonstrate a "Safety First, Quality Always" approach to your colleagues and products.
- You will demonstrate strong people skills that will include leadership, effective communication up and down our company structure, listening, reflecting and feedback, effective decision making and conflict management to resolution.
- You will be accountable for the proficient and professional management of the technical requirements of the business including offering support to the Sales & Manufacturing units to ensure all the company's expectations are met and bettered.
- Develop strategies and methods to develop and bring to a conclusion new product design and ideas.
- Depending on your level of experience, you will be required to project manage small teams to achieve the companywide goals in relation to new product development.
The Technical Manager will have:
- Working knowledge of Solidworks Professional
- Demonstrable skills and understanding of the principles of MRP
- Demonstrable skills in managing key stakeholders in the business to achieve the companies technical and new product development goals.
- Be financially savvy in your actions and decision-making processes
- Excel at communicating internally with your colleagues and externally with clients and show a solid desire to drive improvement at all levels.
- Experience of working within a high paced manufacturing environment
- A proven track record of managing small teams and or functional staff that do not directly report to you.
- Ideally have some working knowledge of steel & plastics materials, manufacturing and design techniques.
- A degree or equivalent in an engineering/manufacturing discipline
To apply for this position, please forward your up to date to email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.