Permanent position - Slough
Packaging Solutions Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Technical Manager - this is a demanding role based in the UK, Slough site with dual responsibility for resolving any technical issues and promoting the product range on customer sites in Asia, Australasia and Latin America
The client is a global innovative packaging solutions manufacturer and due to an increase in overseas projects, they require a Technical Service Manager on a permanent staff basis.
As the Technical Manager, you will be required to:
- Provide technical support to our customers including the company's network of international distributors/brokers.
- Assist customers in setting machine parameters and tolerances on filling/wadding and induction equipment.
- Analyse failed product performance and determine the root cause, both in laboratory and at filling lines.
- Attend line trials and assist customers in achieving successful technical performance.
- Compile extensive, factual and detailed analysis reports on technical issue resolution.
- Give training to customers concerning proper induction setup and evaluation.
- Provide technical support to the company sales managers and brokers with focus on Asia, Australasia and Latin America to profitably grow market share in those regions.
- Successful managing of customer relationship in technical matters to ensure their collaboration.
- General troubleshooting and problem resolution at customer's production lines.
- Work closely with the sales and technical teams to support projects promoting global product range.
- IMPORTANT: After approximately a 6 month period of being based in Slough (and when the global situation improves), frequent travel will be required throughout Asia, Australasia and Latin America. Some of this will be accompanying/supporting sales managers and some of this will be independent travel.
The Technical Manager should have the following skills or experience:
- A recognised engineering degree or equivalent.
- A strong background working in the food, pharmaceutical or similar regulatory industry preferred.
- A good level of Spanish and/or Chinese speaking - other language skills will be considered.
- Experience of working closely with an international sales team, managing technical sales projects through to completion alongside the team of sales managers.
- Experience in dealing with quality complaints
- Ability to analyse data and write clear concise reports on application and quality issues
- Able to work as part of a small cross-functional team
This role has an attractive salary and benefits package for an experienced and qualified Technical Manager
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and initial telephone/skype interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Technical Manager and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.