9-month fixed term contract
Monday to Friday - Days
Are you a Senior QA looking to take the next step? Maybe you are a newly qualified Technical Manager looking to gain more experience in a chilled food environment? This could be the role for you!
Operating in over 16 countries, servicing approximately 4 billion people around the world our client is a vertically integrated farm to fork food conglomerate. A ready meal, a sandwich, a pub dinner, a pizza from the supermarket, a chilled snack or even a seafood salad, covering multiple sectors in the UK, you will have eaten their products and not even known about it.
They are now in need of a Technical Manager to support the BRC Grade A manufacturing site in Suffolk on a 9-month fixed term contract. The site works 7 days a week, 363 days a year with multiple interchangeable High Care and Low Care lines, producing a wide range of chilled and frozen products for the retail, food service and ingredients markets in both branded and own label formats.
The Technical Manager will be responsible for the food safety, legality and quality to meet all legislative requirements, customer specifications and Codes of Practice policy. You will take control of the site QMS system ensuring its conditions are implemented and managed whilst providing leadership and direction to the Technical, Hygiene and Quality Assurance teams.
- 5 years+ food industry experience with ideally at least 3 years in a Technical Manager's role or minimum Senior QAM as a minimum - essential
- Experience in chilled high risk ready to eat environment - essential
- Tesco TFMS and Morrisons MFMS - essential
- Hands on and able to continue to help the development and mentoring of the QA supervisors
- HND/BSc in Food Science/Food Technology or closely related science subject.
- BRC and customer audit experience
- HACCP qualification to level 3 or higher (qualified/refreshed within 3 years) or demonstrable recent relevant experience (references specific to this element must be received for new recruits)
- Computer literate
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with internal Technical and non-Technical representatives
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you are a Technical Manager or Senior QAM, have high risk ready to eat experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Manager role, please contact Scott Williams at Jonathan Lee Recruitment PSC17