Technical Leader - Manufacturing / Production
Manufacturing / Metals
Duties of the role:
The main purpose of the role is to be responsible for the improvement of the quality of products and processes in the production department including costs and material efficiency performance. The application of problem solving methodologies, working to the IATF 16949 standard and the use of lean principles and methodologies is also required.
- Contributing to Health & Safety projects, raising and solving concerns and setting an example to the team are important aspects of the role.
- A responsibility for the quality of the products and processes in the departments.
- Together with the production support team, sets and updates process instructions.
- Lead and initiate CAPEX projects and will be the main point of contact for engineering and external contractors.
- Initiate and lead internal problem solving methodology projects to solve major issues.
- Provide functional leadership to Technicians in the teams who may be called upon for support.
- A solid understanding of lean and continuous improvement methods.
- An understanding of scientific/investigative techniques including root cause analysis and planning and carrying out investigations.
- A background of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Good computer skills including MS Office programs.
- Ideally qualified to at least NVQ level 3 in a technical subject.
Please apply below or telephone Justin Wainwright 01268 889267