£29 - 33 per hour
about 2 years ago
Engineering Technical Leader
Contract rates to £33 per hour
Can you offer experience of cross-functional team leadership skills within Engine or Machining NPI programmes??
This Engineering Technical Leader role will deliver vertically integrated engine applications for key customers, you will act as single point of contact for all technical aspects in relation to NPI and support Customers through machining development programmes. You will manage the planning and delivery of projects, staying ahead of the game in terms of technological advancements and mentoring other members of the team to aid their development.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Accountability for engine selection and completion of projects on time and on cost
- Management of Application & Installation requirements with the customer, leading to A&I sign off ahead of machine production start.
- Taking ownership of engine specification through product life cycle, managing changes through new option requests.
- Act as a member of the customer New Product Introduction team, becoming a trusted advisor on all engine technical issues.
- Hold Engineering Teams to account and ensure they deliver on commitments and manage the relationships between business and Customer engineering teams, throughout challenging NPI cycles and timelines
- Driving customer focused product design & development.
- Lead/Facilitate customer collaboration events such as product development workshops either in the UK or at customer machine plants.
- Support issues as a subject matter expert on machine installations and impact of on Customer applications
In addition to a recognised Engineering qualification and previous experience of leading technical projects, it is highly desired that this Engineering Technical Leader will hold previous 6 Sigma Black Belt experience and a strong understanding of APQP in relation to engine and component development. It is also anticipated that the role will demand travel to USA, Asia and Europe so the ability to stay away as required is essential.
For more details please contact Grant Nisbet at Jonathan Lee Recruitment.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.