Rotherham, South Yorkshire
about 1 year ago
Job Title: Technical Lead
Permanent Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Technical Lead to join our Clients design team, this exciting position will be responsible for managing the engineering activities of either one large project or up to several smaller projects, ensuring they are carried out in a visible structured manner.
- The role will involve identifying and managing critical interfaces between engineering, client, project management, production, installation, commissioning, quality assurance, document control and vendors.
- The successful candidate may manage the engineering of projects through conceptual design through to client handover and will be responsible for ensuring the correct deliverables are defined, managed and produced to the highest standard.
- The role will include the scheduling and tracking of engineering progress with the resources required.
- The successful candidate will have a proactive approach, be driven by engineering excellence and be professionally assertive as required.
- The role will report directly to the Product Design Manager.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be educated to degree level - with a mechanical, chemical or electrical engineering degree or other appropriate major, be a Chartered Engineer.
- Have a minimum of ten years in a responsible engineering role both leading and working with multi-disciplined and multi-ethnic teams.
- Have extensive working knowledge of both the design of engineering systems, their requirements and the design of products and discrete engineering packages.
- Have significant knowledge of engineering compliance issues, qualification, verification and testing (FAT through to system level).
- Have experience of justifying and making critical engineering decisions.
- Have acted successfully as the authority to approve technical documentation at all levels.
- Be willing to travel as required.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry.
- Familiarity with HAZOP, LOPA and risk assessment methodologies.
- Familiarity with pressure equipment, pressure vessels and the PED.
- Familiarity with the ATEX directives and hazardous area classifications.
- Knowledge of the EMC and Machinery Directives.
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.