about 2 years ago
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Technical Draughtsman to join the UK's largest rail freight services provider in Nottingham to help customise its Rolling Stock for client requirements future needs. The Technical Draughtsman will undertake 3D CAD modelling and the detailed design work to produce assembly and manufacturing drawings for the company.
Responsibilities as a Technical Draughtsman will include:
* Undertake 3D CAD modelling and detailed design work to produce assembly and manufacturing drawings.
* Provide technical assistance in the delivery of drawings for the refurbishment and upgrade of Rail Rolling Stock whether for Wagons or Locomotives.
* Ensure that drawings meet the required standard.
Experience required to be successful for our Technical Draughtsman vacancy:
* Experienced in the use of 3D CAD system(s) (ideally Autodesk Inventor)
* Previous experience of producing 3D models and then producing General Assembly or Manufacturing drawings
* Previous experience in a technical draughtsman post within a manufacturing or heavy engineering environment - ideally the rail industry
* A successful track record of contributing and leading engineering designs
* HNC in Mechanical Engineering, apprenticeship or equivalent experience
- Salary is negotiable dependant on skills and experience
* Company pension scheme
* 25 days holiday per year
* Family rewards - benefit scheme