A rapidly growing Automation and Robotics company are looking to recruit an experienced Technical Author to join their creative and innovative team.
As the Technical Author, you will become a vital member of a team who specialise in providing cutting-edge automated and robotic machinery and process management solutions to a portfolio of prestigious Automation and Robotics clients worldwide.
Your responsibilities as a Technical Author in this busy and growing team will consist of the following:
- Writing assembly, instruction and maintenance manuals with regard to automated and robotic products and machinery.
- Assisting in the writing in pre-sales documentation, post-sales orders and aftercare and the writing of tenders.
To be successful in this Technical Author role within automation and robotics, you will posses the following experience and attributes:
- Experience in CAD design (across any software)
- Demonstrable experience of drafting, simplifying and detailing drawings including exploding diagrams to be used in company bids, maintenance and assembly instructions etc
- A high degree of literacy
- Ability to accurately understand and articulate conceptual offerings on behalf of the business, tailored to the needs of the client
- Engineering background desired but not essential
- Recognised University Degree (or equivalent) in Product Design or similar qualification
The role of the technical author is vital to this innovative company's strategy to achieve their short, medium and long term market growth goals. In return for your skills and dedication, you can expect the following re numeration:
- £30,000 - £38,000 salary + bonus scheme
- Employer pension contribution
- Career growth and pay progression opportunities
- Private medical/Life insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement and flexible use of bank holiday entitlement
- A chance to work in a flexible and mature, innovative - team focused environment
You may already be working as a Technical author, Document Writer or Proposals Engineer with an element of design and/or manual drawing background from within a technical sector of engineering or manufacturing to be considered a strong fit for this position.
If you are also looking to use 2018 to join a company that will enhance your career prospects and to really have the chance to play a significant part in a company's growth then we would like to hear from you. Please 'apply' now or contact Colin Reeves on 01384 446121 for a discussion in confidence.