Up to £90000 per annum + benefits
over 1 year ago
Engineering & Quality Director
Salary circa £90,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Leicestershire, East Midlands
An experienced Engineering & Quality Director is required for a precision machining business that supplies globally into both aerospace first tiers and primes. This newly created position, part of a company-wide reorganisation, will take full responsibility for both the Engineering and Quality departments of this highly regarded aerospace component manufacturer. As a company with a strong heritage and loyal client base they are investing in new technology that will further enhance their capability and reputation for product innovation and reliability. As a member of the senior management team you will play an important role in creating a programme of change within engineering and quality that will support the development of new products delivering high levels of customer satisfaction.
To be successful in this role you must have a track record that demonstrates an ability to design and engineer new products that meet the engineering and quality standards expected within the aerospace sector. As Engineering and Quality Director you will be familiar with the full range of accreditation bodies and standards associated with UKAS, Nadcap and AS9100 quality management system.
To be considered for this Engineering and Quality Director position you must have or be:
- Experience working within the aerospace sector in a senior management capacity that includes both engineering and quality responsibility within a product engineering environment.
- A degree in mechanical, manufacturing, metallurgy or materials engineering ideally supported by either a post graduate technical or business qualification.
- A thorough understanding of production processes and associated machine tools and materials that will deliver the most effective and efficient means of manufacture.
- Familiar with product design concepts including parametric and knowledge-based CAD/CAM systems that deliver lead time reduction in product design and development.
- Significant people management and situational leadership experience, able to lead by example, setting high standards with excellent project management skills.
- A confident and approachable personality with a real passion for coaching and mentoring with the ability to build high performing self- directed teams
- Strong communication skills, data driven with an ability to build robust working relationships across the business and work effectively at all levels from the shop floor to the boardroom and across the wider group.
This will be a highly visible role and you will work as part of a close-knit team for a business that has real ambition for change and growth. The ideal background for this Engineering & Quality Director position will be experience of mid to high volume precision machined components gained working within the aerospace, automotive or general engineering sector. At present you will probably be working as a Senior Technical Manager looking for a challenging opportunity to create an effective Engineering and Quality function.