- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Product design and development
- Contact: Mark Bignell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446167
- Expiry Date: 26 July 2022
- Job Ref: 61675
Technical Manager / Director
Rail, Aerospace & General Engineering
£60,000 - £80,000 pa plus Car Allowance, Bonus and Benefits
We are currently working with a world class organisation who specialise in the design, manufacturing, and distribution of electrical connector products and connection systems, who are making significant investment and as such are looking to recruit a Technical Manager / Director. The main responsibilities of this role will be to lead the Engineering Department in the development of new products and growth within new and emerging markets, utilising the organisations expertise in design, development and manufacturing.
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to work with a creative organisation, with a vision for new product innovation, who are seeking to significant grow within new markets.
- A highly competitive salary, car allowance, bonus and benefits, working for a market leader in the development of electrical products and connectors for the rail, aerospace and general engineering sectors.
As Technical Manager / Director you will be required to:
- Lead all technical activities and personnel involved with design and engineering
- Co-ordinate technical activities with all other departments & divisions of the company and group.
- Develop and improve technical relationships with all customers to deliver technical/engineering solutions to meet specific requirements in set timeframes.
- Provide strong leadership in the day-to-day operations of the engineering department and mentor the members of the team, establishing performance goals.
- Produce engineering annual budgets and contribute to the development of the company’s overall strategic and growth plans.
- Work with sales & marketing to produce a rolling new product development
- Implement continuous improvement processes.
- Analysing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability.
As Technical Manager / Director you will have:
- A degree qualification within a relevant subject (mechanical, electrical)
- Proven experience leading engineering teams within a product development arena
- Experience within electrical and mechanical product and systems development having an in-depth knowledge of the interactions between all engineering disciplines and associated departments to deliver a high-quality product
- Ability to open up new markets through creative design solutions
Suitably qualified and experienced Technical Engineering specialists should apply directly or by contacting Mark Bignell on 01384 446167 or by emailing email@example.com
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.