£30k - 35k per year + Pension, 24 days holiday
01384 446 174
High precision, low volume engineering and manufacturing
Salary £30000 - £35000 ,24 days annual leave, Company pension scheme
As Technical Engineer you will be supporting the Procurement Manager and the wider Supply Chain, you will be responsible for sourcing of raw materials required in the manufacturing process. In your role you will be dealing with both material and subcontract suppliers, negotiating costs, and working with production planners. You will be tasked with a wide range of purchasing duties which will see you add value to the company’s manufacturing operations. You will play a pivotal role in developing the organisations supply chain in line with core values, becoming an expert for sub-contract activity helping drive the purchasing strategy in conjunction with the 5-year growth plans.
As Buyer you will :
- Daily ordering of materials / arranging timely delivery / specification based on Supply Chain demands.
- Manage sub-contract spend of circa £1 million driving cost reduction activities.
- Supplier Management:
- Improving Supplier Performance (OTIF Target of 95%).
- Focus on reducing cost / negotiating the best deal whilst improving quality and supply.
- Assisting with Supplier Capability Improvements.
- Researching new sources of supply for current/prospective projects.
- Assist with Supply Chain consolidation in line with 5 Year Plan.
- RFQ’s (Request for Quotation) - primarily from Technical Operations department to support our customer quotation demand but will also come from other areas of the business.
- Involvement in tender exercises.
- Negotiate optimum terms and conditions.
- Recommending and managing suppliers for Contract / Supplier agreement / Preferred Supplier.
- KPI’s – these will be in line with business objectives and department objectives.
- Cover for the other members of the purchasing team during their annual leave.
- Experience within an Engineering / Manufacturing background is essential.
- Ideally Degree educated/CIPS qualified or working towards CIPS.
- Have a high attention to detail and be extremely organised.
As a Technical Buyer you will use your technical and commercial awareness to build robust relationships with not only key suppliers, but also that of the internals in Design, Quality and Production teams as you play the pivotal role as the link between the on-site engineers and the vendor/suppliers.
- Strong IT Skills including but not restricted to: MS Office package, with emphasis on MS Excel to an intermediate user level.
- Working knowledge of ERP / MRP systems ideal but training will be provided to the right candidate.
Motivated, driven, able to work alone and as part of a team. The right candidate will also be flexible with the ability to shift priorities with no impact on their overall responsibilities along with managing their hours in line with the job requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to influence key stakeholders.
- You must be confident in negotiating with suppliers in off-site face to face meetings.
There may also be a need to be flexible in your work hours. Some overseas suppliers will potentially have different time zones and you may need to schedule your hours accordingly to be able to accommodate them.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.