about 2 years ago
Buyer - Technical
Manufacturing - Medical
Technical Buyer required by one of the UK's most exciting companies to be joining right now. An award-winning high growth company with a reputation for innovation and vision.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Technical Buyer who has a proven track record of working with a global supply chain, ensuring best value performance and best in class supply.
Your key responsibilities will involve:
- Source and negotiate new and alternative sources of supply.
- Organising and leading supplier meetings with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring supplier performance and feedback performance for continuous supplier
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with critical and key suppliers.
- Manage daily activities in respect of suppliers within remit, placing PO's, expediting and general performance.
- Proactively communicate design changes to supply base and agree implementation and timescales accordingly.
- Preparation and communication of build data packs, BOM's, drawings & work instructions to
- Working cross-functionally, to support the application of new designs or problem resolution
- Supporting with the development of ERP system against Procurement requirements.
As an experienced procurement professional, you will offer the following:
- Strong organisation and negotiation skills
- Degree and (CIPS) highly desirable.
- A self-motivated and customer focused approach
- A flexible, responsive and positive approach to work in a busy and challenging environment.
- Proven technical procurement background in relevant manufacturing/engineering discipline or industry.
- A strong technical understanding with respect to Mechanical and/or Electronic materials, to enable confident communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
In return for your procurement experience, you will be offered a competitive salary and a great benefits package. Interested in this exciting opportunity, apply directly to lisa.osborne@jonlee or call for further details 01384 446162.