almost 2 years ago
£Competitive plus benefits
A Technical Buyer is required for the procurement of a range of complex mechanical, machined, sub-contract manufactured and electrical components. Candidates with significant experience in an Engineering purchasing role with demonstrable delivery of strategic initiatives would be well received.
Due to increased workloads this company, a leading Fusion Energy System Developer based in Abingdon, requires a proactive Technical Buyer to be responsible for developing a robust, sustainable Supply Partner Chain committed and capable of supporting our ambition to commercialise Fusion Energy. As a Technical Buyer you will be required to:
- End to end purchasing process for all Technical/ Engineering requirements
- Impart technical / commercial knowledge to the business developing awareness, and implementation of supply chain processes
- Balance both tactical and strategic initiatives to ensure our ambitious targets are achieved
- Ensure continuous supply of goods, communicate any supply issues which may pose a risk or impact business projects
- Negotiate framework contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers
- Review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
The Technical Buyer should have the following skills or experience:
- Ideally degree qualified, or other equivalent qualification, ideally in an engineering or procurement subject
- Significant experience in an engineering purchasing role with demonstrable delivery of strategic initiatives
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Competent user of ERP systems
- Able to follow BOM structures (Microsoft Dynamics NAV/ Teamcentre)
- Analytical, numerically astute with good problem identification and solution abilities
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone that is commercially and financially aware and that has a keen attention to detail and accuracy to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Abingdon based Fusion Energy System Developer will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as a Technical Buyer and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Buyer role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.