An experienced Technical Buyer is required for our client, a leading precision engineering company based in Gloucestershire.
The Technical Buyer will manage the purchasing of supplies, including raw materials and subcontract services.
Key Responsibilities of the Technical Buyer:
- Negotiating pricing and delivery terms with suppliers
- Negotiation long term agreements with suppliers
- Expediting purchased goods to enable maximum efficiency of the production process
- Maintaining purchases within company budgets
- Managing procurement quotation requirements for the sales team
- Establishing strong relationships with suppliers and building a clear understanding of their capabilities
- Ensuring orders are appropriately authorised and all technical requirements are met
Key Skills and Experience required for the Technical Buyer:
- A comprehensive knowledge of scheduling
- Project and customer management
- Able to understand and analyse data
- Understanding of Profit and Loss accounts
- Excellent communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated Buyer with a background in manufacturing.
Please apply today, or contact Sarah Davies on 01384 446 143 for further information.