Technical Author - Vehicle Serviceability
Permanent position - Surrey
Service Engineering and Aftersales
Salary negotiable + benefits.
Our customer is a UK based global luxury brand dedicated to creating and manufacturing the world's greatest driving cars. These ultra-exclusive vehicles are engineered and designed without compromise to provide unrivalled driving experiences and driver centric connection.
We are looking for a Technical Author - Vehicle Serviceability to join the Service Engineering and Aftersales team based at the headquarters in Surrey.
As the Tchnical Author - Vehicle Serviceability you will be responsible for areas of service engineering deliverables including:
- Vehicle development project gateways, ensuring all aftersales deliverables achieve either green or amber status.
- Benchmarking of competitors for serviceability and cost of ownership.
- Ensure vehicle design serviceability targets are achieved through CAD assessment, design control meetings and physical reviews.
- Work closely with vehicle designers to ensure that serviceability targets are understood and met.
- Specify and deliver special workshop equipment and manage suppliers.
- Support the delivery of the business diagnostic systems.
- The development and delivery of maintenance repair methodologies and instructions.
- The development and delivery of body repair methodologies and instructions and manage suppliers.
- The development and delivery of the spare parts manual.
- Support the Aftersales Technical Support team with technical and diagnostic problem solving.
- Proof-read workshop related technical information for content accuracy.
- Assess design changes through the lifecycle of each model and variant which effects technical workshop documentation.
- The creation and management of owner's documentation in conjunction with the creative department (hardback and electronic versions).
- Support the translation of all necessary types of approved repair centre and customer documentation.
- Be instrumental in delivering initiatives to improve productivity and efficiency within the department.
- Support the creation of timing plans and business cases for service engineering related projects and ensure these are delivered within agreed timelines.
- Liaise and work closely with internal and external stakeholders and business units ensuring cross functionality.
The Technical Author - Vehicle Serviceability will require the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in Automotive/vehicles as either a Technical Author, Vehicle Technician or in service/parts engineering.
- Extensive knowledge of whole vehicle service, maintenance and repair techniques.
- Good working knowledge of vehicles, vehicle systems and an understanding of the latest vehicle technologies.
- Experience of Vehicle Diagnostic and Technical Publication Systems.
- Experience of using CAD visualisation tools (CATIA Experience desirable, but not essential).
- Bill of Materials or change management experience.
- Proven track record for project management.
- Computer literate - Microsoft Office suite.
- Well presented, with professional mannerisms befitting of the organisation.
- Adaptable, quick thinking, decisive, showing strong initiative and self-determination.
- Strong planning, good follows up skills, meticulous in detail.
- Demonstrates a methodical approach with good team working habits.
- Flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to travel abroad as requested.
- Ideally qualified to degree level in a relevant subject.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience in Serviceability, Technical Authoring or as a Vehicle Technician and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role, please contact Justin Wainwright at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 889267.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.