almost 2 years ago
Job title: Test Engineering Technical Author - Diesel Engine Development
Contract: £25.00 - £40.00 per hour LTD (fully dependent on experience)
Industry: Diesel Engines
A Test Engineering Technical Author opportunity has become available for one of the world's leading manufacturers of off-highway machinery and diesel and natural gas engines.
You will join a product development team working on 0.5 to 2.2 range of engines. This position is part of a team of engineers responsible for the test and validation of diesel engine products. The engines are used in machine, industrial and electric power applications.
Key areas of responsibility encountered in this Technical Author role may include any or all the following:
- Creation and update of engine test procedures
- Review of current Test procedures and lead changes through consensus in engineering community
- Recommend technical changes to engine development procedures for appropriateness
- Analyse Engine development data to create technical data and information
- Writing datasheets and technical documentation
- Drive process rigour, standardization and clear documentation to ISO17025 standards
- Transfer of documentation from legacy quality systems into new quality system
- You will be required to support the process improvement team projects, including use of standard work, production systems and lean 6 sigma techniques
To apply for this Technical Author position you should have some of the following:
- Experience in a prototype engine test / development environment is required. Able to demonstrate a good understanding of base engine fundamentals.
- Incumbent needs high attention to detail, very clear communication skills and apply high level of process rigour.
- Engineering degree preferred but HNC/HND level candidates who possess a strong engine development background and the desire to develop and exhibit the required competencies will be considered.
- Self motivated, able to manage own workload and the ability to learn new skills at pace.
- Committed to continuous improvement, with an understanding of 6 Sigma processes.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as customers, suppliers and employees in other workgroups.
Please contact James Tilley for more details.