- Sector: Energy
- Function: Manufacturing and production
- Contact: Lee Elwell
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 01384 446154
- Expiry Date: 30 December 2021
- Job Ref: 59672
Job Title: Technical Author & Training Engineer
Location: Newton Abbots, South Devon
We are currently recruiting for an interesting and rewarding multi-skilled role for our client at their facility in Newton Abbots, the role will be involved in two main elements, the first will be involved in technical publications and will be supporting the Engineering Manager on operation and maintenance manuals, training manuals and other technical documentations.
The second element of the role will be providing training to clients at their facility on the companies range of products and equipment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide leadership and direction across the business for the training and manuals of companies equipment.
- All work associated with the production of Operating and Maintenance Manuals with assistance from others within the engineering team and translation agency as required.
- To ensure Operating and Maintenance Manuals meet the requirements of the relevant European Directives and UK Regulations.
- All work associated with the production of company Training Manuals with assistance from others within the engineering team and translation agency as required.
- Arrangement and presentation of Customer Training Courses at site or at Customer Premises with language assistance from others as required.
- Arrangement and presentation of Internal Training Courses for company personnel either at site or other location as required.
- To develop a means of distance learning for company employees and customers.
- To provide adequate communication, sharing and flow down of information throughout the business on new technologies and changes being implemented by the Engineering team.
- To support others in the immediate team and the Engineering function to deliver their accountabilities.
- To support test in their training program and to become a centre of excellence for training on company supplied equipment.
- To support marketing with virtual reality walk through of company designs.
- To support others in company to deliver their accountabilities.
- To keep up to date with latest technologies and to propose how training and manuals should be delivered in the future.
- To ensure training and manuals comply with the company Quality Management System.
- To ensure the development of continuous improvement to support Project and business objectives.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communicator.
- Previous experience in training delivery and technical manual production, ideally a minimum of 5 years.
- Engineering professional.
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft Office in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and Autodesk suite of products.
- Able to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
- Have the ability to work under your own initiative to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Proactive, well organised and effective at prioritising tasks.
- Methodical, logical and accurate in their approach to work.
- Flexible and willing to travel.
- Hold a driving license valid in the UK and a valid passport for travel.
- Fluent in at least one second European Language.
- Degree in an engineering discipline.
- Experience of working with power generation equipment and or rotating machinery.
- Experience with PLC and SCADA.
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Pension scheme
- BUPA health cover
- Death in Service benefit
- Secure parking
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata) plus statutory days
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on 01384 446 154 (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.