£17.00 - 21.50 per hour
3 months ago
Peterborough (WFH Flex)
Up to £21.50 per hour (Inside IR35)
Off Highway/Diesel Engines
An exciting opportunity has become available for an A&I Technical Author.
The successful candidate will utilise their technical knowledge to support their growth in Technical Authoring Capability.
They will then use authoring software tools to develop and maintain a variety of A&I Publications. This includes A&I Manuals, Test Procedure Documents, for both new and existing products. The development and maintenance of accurate and easy to use A&I Publications is essential in the support of our objective to maximise the Capability of Dealers & Distributors Globally.
Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to;
- Creating publications fit for purpose that require technical analysis/research.
- Responsibility for the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of each publication.
- ensure the development and maintenance of those publications to the established documentation standards through customer feedback.
- Receive Document Content outline from various sources including the Engineering Teams and Enterprise Subject Matter Experts (SME).
- Using various authoring tools within Microsoft Programs.
- Each Author requires excellent planning and time management skills to author and publish Each Publication to an agreed completion date.
- Although this position is for an A&I Technical Author, we will consider those with good Combustion Engine knowledge, and/or Electronic and Engine Aftertreatment Systems.
Skills, experience and qualifications you will have
- Technical product/engineering knowledge
- Good knowledge of Combustion Engine Components and their functions.
- Engineering drawing, illustration and model understanding / knowledge.
- Ability to interpret basic technical data.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning & time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to understand complex data structures and present data to user groups in a structured format
- Good working knowledge of Engine Aftertreatment and Electronic Systems
Please contact James Tilley for more details.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.