Job title: Technical Author
Salary Range - £25,000 - £35,000 dependent on experience
A Technical Author is required for an established machine automation manufacturer. The purpose of this role is to facilitate the efficient introduction of special purpose machinery and efficient build of both new and current products through the production of technical build manuals containing operator guides and assembly instructions and to provide assistance with creation of machine setting manuals.
As a Technical Author, your daily duties will be:
- Produce process documentation such as Manufacturing Procedures, illustrated assembly procedures / SOPs, exploded illustrations and machine setting information.
- Maintain a version control system for the created documents.
- Provide Design for Manufacture and Design for Assembly input into designs for ease of manufacture and cost reduction.
- Identify cost drivers in new and current designs, with a view to changing the manufacturing and assembly process in order to improve efficiency and reduce cost.
- Provide technical and manufacturing support to the various internal departments and external supply chain as needed.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to for a new position working as a Technical Author. To be successful you will have previous experience of:
- An engineering background, particularly in assembly procedures and methods is essential.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Creative approach for new ideas.
- Good IT skills Word, Excel, Adobe.
- Good competence in CAD package (Inventor preferred but not essential).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high, should you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Author position, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446 133.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.