My client is looking for a new Technical Author to join their Automation and Robotics team. The role is an exciting opportunity to work within a successful and energetic team, being involved in industry leading equipment and solutions. The role encompasses working with all stakeholders of the business and will include working closely with mechanical design and control engineers.
The role of Technical Author will include the following:
- Produce technical manuals for each machine or system that is to be installed.
- Establish an understanding of the applications and design and write documentation to explain it to users.
- Collate information from mechanical and control engineers and various software packages such as Solidworks, AutoCAD, Word, Excel and others.
- Responsible for taking pictures and/or videos of the machines they produce and use them to convey instructions to users.
The suitable candidate for a Technical Author will need to possess the following competences:
- Excellent written English must be of an extremely high standard
- Ability to understand basic engineering principles.
- Experience with machinery directive and robotic safety is desirable but not essential
- Technical qualification in an electrical or mechanical engineering discipline is highly desirable but most importantly is the ability to read technical mechanical and/or electrical engineering drawings
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of engineering and experience of writing technical documents and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Technical Author role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133 or email email@example.com.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.