Our Client, a Warwickshire based service provider and independent consultancy are seeking a Technical Author working with a prestigious OEM in the West Midlands, on a permanent basis. The role will join a team who delivers technical publications, including user guides, ownermanuals, service and repair methods, workshop manuals, illustrated parts catalogues and dealer documentation.
Ideally coming from the Automotive or Motorsport industry, you will write Dealer letters, warranty documents, and so on, using Plain English and Simplified Technical English (STE) for all procedural and descriptive documents. We are looking for a candidate that has a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills. You must interpret complex topics and deliver them in an easily understood and unambiguous way. To multitask and balance priorities is desirable as these can change frequently. You need to write in an appropriate style depending on the intended audience for example: Dealers, customers or staff.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word (using document templates and styles)
- Use Microsoft Excel
- An eye for detail and accuracy in both writing and document formatting and
- Write in a 'tone' for the target audience
- Good communication skills with all business levels from Directors to technical subject specialists in all business areas, in a global company
- Produce documents using a combination of methods from various data sources
- Strong personal skills, able to work individually and/or within a team
- Engineering knowledge, able to read and understand technical drawings,
engineering processes and liaise with engineering personnel
- A good understanding of how to behave in a customer-facing environment
- Must have the ability to work as an individual and/or as part of a team
- If you have already had training in S1000D, Simplified Technical English, Adobe Illustrator, XMetaL or other relevant tools, it would be highly beneficial
- Simplified Technical English (ASD-STE100)
- Using Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Using 3D Modelling software
- Cortona3D software
- Knowledge of HTML and web editing
- Service Communications: All Dealer facing documents including Service Bulletin, Service Actions, Policy Letters, etc.
- Warranty Documentation: Maintenance of manufacturer and aftermarket Warranty documentation.
- Workshop Manual Procedures: Authoring procedures and using CAD modelled graphics to develop timed Workshop Manual procedures.
- Other Documentation: All other 'ad-hoc' publications as necessary. For example: Kit installation instructions, equipment operating instructions, diagnostic procedures, form design, etc.