£90k per year + benefits
almost 2 years ago
LowCVP - Technical & Programme Director – London base
Salary up to £90,000 (DOE) + benefits
An experienced Technical & Programme Director is required for the LowCVP (Low Carbon Vehicle Partnership). This public-private partnership (established in 2003) exists to accelerate a sustainable shift to lower carbon, cleaner and – ultimately - zero emission vehicles and fuels while creating opportunities for UK business. Leading a small but dedicated team of project managers you will do what it takes to accelerate the shift to low carbon road transport; a vital component of the UK’s drive to tackle climate change and deliver the net zero targets. This will be a high-profile role requiring the ability to build relationships across all stakeholder groups including government, local councils, academic institutions, industry bodies and other stakeholder members/partners. Working in a senior leadership and advisory capacity you will represent the organisation at conferences and high-level meetings that will require an ability to present information based on detailed research, helping to shape the future of road transport in the UK
To be considered for this Technical & Programme Director position you must have:
- Skills as an accomplished people and project manager, commercially astute who can create collaboration and engagement both internally and externally with partner organisations and institutions in both the private and public sector.
- Vehicle engineering experience ideally gained working within a research, engineering or test environment as a senior technical specialist involved in the development of fuel-efficient products or systems. This could include engine/motor/battery development, electric vehicles, fuel or energy systems.
- An ability to influence and build collaborative partnerships or joint ventures across a wide stakeholder group with the primary aim of delivering consensus and systems that will shape the future of road transport.
- A passion and interest in using technical and engineering knowledge to solve and improve major environmental problems.
- The credibility to lead and represent the organisation at the highest level within government, industry and with stakeholder partners.
- Qualifications to a minimum of degree level in a relevant technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, physics, materials, chemical or environmental).
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to take on board complex technical issue but present these so that they are easily understood at all levels.
- Ideally a professional recognition such as a chartered engineer and a member or fellow of a recognised industry body (IET, IMechE, IOM3, IOP, IChemE) with evidence of continued professional development.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a high-profile Technical & Programme Director to use their technical expertise to tackle one of the most urgent challenges of our time. You will need the flexibility to travel within the UK, which will involve occasional time away from home. This is a highly influential role that will require a rare combination of skills and experience. It offers an exceptional opportunity to influence high-level policy decisions that will have a positive and lasting impact on society.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Executive Search, a leading technical and industrial consultancy. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Executive Search are those of an Employment Agency.