Operations Team Leader - Powertrain Testing
An Operations Team Leader is required to provide technical and supervisory leadership to the test facility operators/technicians in order to meet and exceed productive output targets. Candidates with experience in an automotive test environment and understanding of complex testing techniques in engine or vehicle test facilities would be well received.
Due to the opening of a new state-of-the-art testing facility, this company, the world's largest independent company for development, simulation and testing technology of powertrains, based in Coventry, requires a proactive Operations Team Leader to assume full operational responsibility e.g. planning of resources, test bed dispositioning, distribution of testing tasks, interface with other departments and scheduling of maintenance/services. As an Operations Team Leader you will be required to:
- Lead resolution and implementation of solutions to resource facility and data quality issues, including planning
- Manage H&S, TPM, team budget, training and development requirements
- Identify inefficiencies in current process and deliver improvements
- Produce and publish processes for team and customer interface
- Support testing status, utilisation and planning meetings
- Develop best working practices and provide training to others when needed
- Supervise & monitor day-to-day test bed operations and identify areas for improvement
The Operations Team Leader should have the following skills or experience:
- Qualification in leadership and management
- Experience in a testing environment, with a knowledge of measurement technology and facility requirements
- Proven ability to plan effectively and achieve quality results
- A problem-solver with proven experience and structured approach to problem solving in a technical environment
- Detailed knowledge of company Health and Safety requirements, including Risk Assessment, COSHH and MSDS
- Computer literate, including Microsoft Office competency to produce plans, presentations, graphs, process and SPL documents
- Background in quality standards and audit processes
- Team player with the ability to work independently when required with a flexible and innovative approach
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with proven leadership and workload management experience to develop your career. In return for your experience, this Coventry based powertrain consultancy supplier will offer you:
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience as an Operations Team Leader and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Operations Team Leader role, please contact Paul Branton at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01268 455525.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.