Team Leader, Food Processing and Re-pack
£21860, based on 4 on, 4 off, 12-hour shifts
This business is part of a global food processing organisation, with manufacturing sites across the globe.
Due to increase in volumes we are looking for 4 Team Leaders.
As Team Leader you will lead the operational production teams to deliver high class efficient, flexible manufacturing performance in accordance with business objectives and strategic plans.
This will be achieved through the day to day effective leadership of a multi-skilled production team to drive for superior results, exceed KPI targets, and strive for continual year on year improvements.
You will be Multi-skilled to deputise for other Team Leaders throughout the organisation.
Main Accountabilities as Team Leader
You will be expected to lead, motivate and develop the team, to ensure planned production requirements and quality standards are met whilst ensuring all Health and Safety and Food Safety, Customer and Company standards and guidelines are followed.
You will review team performance too and alongside your Assistant Production Manager regularly to identify areas for improvement and encourage progress of individual team members through performance review, developing and delivering agreed personal development plans.
- Achieve shift KPI targets e.g. for line efficiencies, material usage variances and absenteeism
- Ensure the right quantity of product is made within the right timescales using the right quantity of materials and labour.
- Ensure all site-specific Quality, Housekeeping and Hygiene standards are achieved or exceeded.
- Develop team working across the factory applying continuous improvement principles.
- Ensure daily safety inspections and audits are carried out, and issues raised to your Production Manager and H & S Officer for action.
- Accurately complete all required shift documentation for compliance against BRC, Customer and site-specific quality standards.
- Continually brief your teams to provide them with the relevant information to carry out the shift to maximum effect
- Contribute with the planning, organisation, operation and installation of all new processes and equipment within the factory.
- To know all QMS, SOP, HACCP & GMP procedures and standards for your area and ensure they are complied with
- To plan and manage your team’s timekeeping, absence, holiday and training to ensure you can achieve your main accountabilities.
Skills knowledge and experience
- Good solid experience in a production leadership capacity within an FMGC / Food Processing environment
- IT literate to intermediate level
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
- Energetic self-starter who is results orientated, tenacious and deadline driven.
- A high degree of self-belief and desire to progress
You will be capable of providing clear direction for the teams; motivated to constantly drive safety, quality and production targets and efficiencies to a high standard.
Promotes autonomy within the team, has a flexible approach, and encourages an ethos of managing upwards.
Effective communicator; able to engage effectively at all levels with the ability to motivate, persuade, query and challenge.
- GCSE Level 3 Maths
- GCSE Level 3 English
- NVQ Level 2 Food Manufacturing
- NVQ Level 2 Team Leading
- Level 2 Food Safety Manufacturing
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.