Job title: Team Leader - Digital Modelling
Salary: £Competitive (DOE)
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our innovative clients here in the West Midlands. They are seeking a Team Leader within Digital Modelling to lead the Design Department.
- Responsible for the day to day management of a team of automotive Digital modellers
- To lead the other Digital modellers and set an example professionally.
- To monitor and manage team working hours in line with company policy.
- To assist with and promote team staff development
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate levels of skilled resource are available or commissioned to insure successful implementation of design workload plan.
- Responsible for generating 3D CAD models based on inputs from the Design team.
- To interface with engineering and the Designers in the development of products.
- An awareness of the necessary engineering requirements (draft angle, die-line etc).
- To be able to run, set up the VR suite and operate any presentations formally.
- Ensuring all 3D model generation is performed in relation to package and feasibility data.
- Ensuring all model creation is performed with designer's direction and to the satisfaction of the design team.
- Ensuring high quality presentation of all work using the relevant tools.
- Assisting the design team to reach acceptable and feasible style proposal
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Significant experience in Automotive Design within OEM in both concept development and production feasibility work using a CAS software package. Coupled with a broad understanding and operation of a secondary package i.e. Alias.
- Use of CAD design tools Alias.
- Good broad knowledge of 3D and willing to assist in the solving of design problems.
- Excellent IT skills & experience of appropriate software applications.
- Excellent sketch modeller using Alias.
- Use of 3D knowledge to deliver the best design possible and to assist designers goal of achieving an approved style.
- Use of High Quality Visualisation Techniques (Showcase, Bunkspeed, Hyper-Shot, Opus Realizer).
- Professional working approach with cross functional teams; ie; engineering, designers, modellers.
- Showcase presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills with design team and possibly senior management.
- Totally flexible, committed and motivated to deliver in all circumstances especially within a small team environment.
- Extensive experience working with engineering data and packaging hard-points.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446156.