Job title: Team Leader - Clay Modelling
Salary: £Competitive (DOE)
An excellent opportunity has arisen to join our innovative clients here in the West Midlands. Currently seeking a Team Leader within Clay Modelling to lead the Design Department.
- Responsible for the day to day management of a team of automotive Clay modellers
- To lead the other Clay modellers and set an example professionally.
- To monitor and manage team working hours in line with company policy.
- To assist with and promote team staff development.
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate levels of skilled resource are available or commissioned to insure successful implementation of design workload plan.
- To provide clay modelling and automotive design support, working on full size, scale, exterior and interior models as per Designers verbal specifications.
- Responsible for the management of material stock levels and maintaining an up-to-date stock list, machine and tool maintenance, security of tools, general housekeeping and contributing to the duties of the Studio and Workshops as a whole
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Significant experience in Automotive Design within OEM in both concept development and feasibility work.
- Experience of team management and staff development.
- Good broad knowledge of downstream processes and willing to assist in the solving of design problems.
- Knowledge of design process.
- Candidate should have a recognised apprenticeship in a related trade i.e. Pattern making, Body making or Model making
- Proven Automotive Clay modelling experience in both Interior and Exterior Clay modelling
- Must be flexible in approach and able to interpret styling requirements into 3D form
- Excellent communication skills with design team and possibly senior management
- Totally flexible, committed and motivated to deliver in all circumstances especially within a small team environment or internationally located design studio.
- Experience working with engineering data and packaging hard points.
- An awareness of the necessary engineering requirements (draft angle, die-line etc).
- Experience working with all materials necessary to produce high quality design models.
- The use of CMM measuring machines and associated computer programs.
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the role please contact Teresa Anderson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446156.