- Sector: Advanced Technology
- Function: Embedded Systems & Electronics
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 04 February 2022
- Job Ref: 60175
Systems and Test Engineer (Networks) - Permanent - Attractive
Aerospace, Communications and Defence - Hertfordshire and London
Due to expansion a Systems and Test Engineer (Networks) is required within a leading Telecoms, Satellite and Space Systems Technology Company. The successful Systems and Test Engineer (Networks) will be involved in establishing the assurance and test programmes for satellite communications networks for both civil and military customers. These networks can involve GEO, MEO and LEO satellite systems.
The Systems and Test Engineer (Networks) will support the ongoing test programmes that are necessary to ensure mission success. The Systems and Test Engineer (Networks) role will typically require development of the verification/test strategy which encompasses system and sub-system acceptance, integration and end-to-end system and acceptance test campaigns for cutting-edge satellite communications networks.
The Responsibilities for the Systems and Test Engineer (Networks)
- Variety of test activities, primarily on the ground segment networks.
- Work on advanced satellite communications networks and communications services.
- Working closely with clients on their test campaigns.
- Undertaking a variety of test-related activities and communications systems tasks.
- Development of test strategies plans and procedures / test scripts for network systems.
- Design, develop and prepare VV&T (Validation, Verification and Testing) strategies.
- Development and execution of test cases which will incorporate IP-based service networks.
- Work with satellite payload, ground systems, satellite radio networks, OSS, and BSS technologies.
- Identify and troubleshoot system communication paths, capacity performance of network devices.
- Conduct post-test data analysis and reporting.
- Create test reports to document and assist development with investigation & resolution of issues.
- Review/comment on 'testability' issues, obvious design flaws.
- Anticipate data collection points and develop plans for and conduct anomaly test and analysis.
- Incorporation of satellite payload, ground systems, mobile and radio networks, IP, and networks.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications Required for the Systems and Test Engineer (Networks)
- Graduate with a good Honours or Master's degree in a relevant subject.
- Understanding of computer networks and troubleshooting of satellite system projects.
- Test systems and systems engineering knowledge and experience with IP networks.
- Experience of IP networks: designing, building, configuring (routers, switches).
- Experience of maintaining, fault finding, testing (e.g. routing, load testing, performance).
- Security Cleared or the ability to attain this with Systems engineering knowledge and experience.
- Experience of testing user interfaces and using test management tools (e.g. Jira, X-ray).
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to identify key issues and to solve day-to-day challenges.
- Good customer-facing and communication skills and able to develop innovative solutions.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally where required (project dependent).
- Experience and knowledge of IP network design, protocols.
- Experience with the problems and issues and associated knowledge of networking concepts.
- Testing experience in a variety of environments.
- Experience of integration testing, factory acceptance testing and operational networks).
- Experience of planning VV&T test campaigns, including strategy, and analysing data.
- Experience of installation and configuration of network equipment devices.
- An appreciation of systems engineering processes and operational environments.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent is preferred.
- Experience of mobile wireless broadband / LTE / GSM for mobile devices and data terminals.
- Experience of IP-based satellite communications systems.
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration.
- Knowledge and experience of test programming languages, automated test environments.
**Security Clearance will be required due to the nature of the systems and products involved**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Systems and Test Engineer (Networks), then apply directly or contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on either 01384 446127 or email suitable CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.