Systems Test & Validation Engineer
Systems, Software, C, C++, Test, Development, CANalyser, CANoe, Python
A Systems Test & Validation Engineer is required with knowledge of E/E Systems and Software applications to be able to test and validate components and systems. Candidates with experience of the automotive, motorsport or vehicle industry would be well received.
Due to continued growth and new model programs this company, a forward thinking innovative organisation based in the Midlands requires an inquisitive and creative Systems Test & Validation Engineer with EE, Software, hardware and test planning experience for a new long-term contract role. As a Test Systems & Validation Engineer you will be required to:
- Identify effective test strategies for a given component/system and create test plans accordingly.
- Run manual and automated black box tests and collate & analyse the results.
- Document and track issues found during testing and create periodic test reports to show progress.
- Analyse existing / create new Functional specifications and other systems related documents to a high standard.
- Work with suppliers to feedback issues found during testing.
- Conduct whole bike practical tests according to Triumph's standard test procedures.
- 'End Of Line' configuration, database control/management/creation as required.
- Rolling out of software updates to bikes and configuration tracking
The Test Systems & Validation Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Relevant knowledge in either development or test automation roles.
- Creating software test plans and defining manual and automated black box test cases.
- Strong communication and technical reporting skills, including dealing with overseas suppliers.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills from both a hardware and software point of view.
- Proficiency in C or C++ and scripting skills using Python, Pearl or Shell
- Utilization of CAN, CANalyser, CANoe
- Excellent team working skills and the ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, combined with a passion for testing systems thoroughly and suggesting improvements.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with knowledge of systems testing at component level seeking to be involved with new product and vehicle development programs. In return for your experience, this Midlands based automotive company will offer you:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Long-term contract prospects
- Opportunity to work on the test and development of new products and systems within an innovative environment
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of EE, Software, Test, CAN and C/C++ and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Test Systems & Validation Engineers role, please contact Mark Bignell at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446167 or email