Systems Safety Engineer
Edinburgh or Derby (With Travel Between Sites)
Salary information available at enquiry
Our lient are a world-class engineering consultancy working in the aerospace and defence sector.
We have a requirement for experienced Systems Safety engineers to provide support to the project team(s) in the provision of safety and environment engineering expertise and leadership on complex Avionics systems. Roles can be based at our customer's Edinburgh site or our Derby office, although candidates will be expected to spend time at the Edinburgh site initially and then as required.
Candidates should currently be employed as a Systems Safety Engineer with a minimum of 4 to 5 years' experience of providing the safety input necessary to achieve product / system qualification.
The responsibilities of the Systems Safety engineer will cover:
- Safety and environmental risk management
- Hazard identification, analysis, risk assessment and mitigation plan.
- Creating and maintaining the project(s) hazard log
- Support to the project(s) in meeting the safety and environmental requirements.
- Ensuring that all safety and environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Development and production of the safety cases and environmental impact assessments required.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Previous experience of safety analysis on high reliability systems.
- Knowledge of current safety and environmental industry standards, legislation and regulations such as DEF-STAN 00-56, REACH, RoHS, etc.
- Competency and experience in the use and application of hazard / safety assessment techniques such as FMEA, HAZID, HAZOP, fault tree analysis, etc.
- Have a good background in electronics (i.e. ability to understand circuit schematics), preferably with knowledge of RF systems.
- Experience of electronic component-level safety analysis.
- Previous experience of RF / Radar or Electro-optics systems safety design.
- Honours degree (BSc/ BEng/ MSc/ MEng) in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to obtain SC - UK Eyes Only clearance (i.e. sole UK national)
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
If you are interested in the above opportunity then please apply now!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.