A Systems Lead Engineer is required to join an automotive OEM.
Division: Body Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
This role works directly with the Design studio feasibility teams and JLR World Class Component Engineers to develop the clay feasibility models for Programme start.
Your role as Systems Lead Engineer in the concept stages will be to interrogate the relevant CoC CAD offers to understand how they all work as a vehicle system to deliver a world class product. This includes Body/Electrical/Chassis and Powertrain inputs. Alternative concepts or proposals will need to be modelled in CAD and presented for the Business to agree what improvements/ trades are going to be made to resolve the issue. With the aid of the CoCs/ Design/ Attributes etc. You will lead the alignment of offers to deliver world Class PQ.
- Proven experience on CATIA V5
- User and trained in Teamcentre
- Experience of Body systems Engineering.
- Must have very good command of Catia V5 and teamcentre.
- Previous experience of CAD modelling of Body system components and a system based approach.
- Be a strong leader able to enthuse others to work in a collaborative way using systems engineering and value engineering principles
- Have a passion for engineering and design, leading the engineering analysis and geometry development to create a balanced business offer.
- Have the ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity, typical in early programme phases and take ownership to provide necessary options, solutions and structure to move forward.
To apply for this role please contact Rachel Meacham.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.