A Systems Lead Engineer is required to join an automotive OEM in Gaydon.
This role works directly with the Design studio feasibility teams and World Class Component Engineers to develop the clay feasibility models for Programme start.
Working directly for the Platform Manager, key responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring the Body Engineering assumptions are delivered to support programme gateways Support delivery of up to Scale 5 Body vehicle programme from KO to PS against a series of targets including cost, weight, quality and resource Liaise between the Programme teams and Core CoC to ensure that requests are answered in a timely manner Represent Body Engineering in PST, Technical & Design meetings
- Support internal Body project work
- Work towards Design alignment across all COCs as part of Design Systems & Content
Your role as Systems Lead Engineer in the concept stages will be to interrogate the relevant CoC CAD offers to understand how they all work as a vehicle system to deliver a world class product. This includes Body/Electrical/Chassis and Powertrain inputs. Alternative concepts or proposals will need to be modelled in CAD and presented for the Business to agree what improvements/ trades are going to be made to resolve the issue. With the aid of the CoCs/ Design/ Attributes etc. You will lead the alignment of offers to deliver world Class PQ.
- Geometry Viewer (Digital Buck/ Vis Mock Up)
- Project Management
- MS Office
- Previous experience in an automotive Body/ Chassis/ Electrical engineering role
- Good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with creating & presenting technical information
- Ability to self start on projects
Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.