Tyne and Wear
£30k - 40k per year + Annual bonus + perm benefits
Job title: Systems Engineer
Salary Range: £30,000 to £40,000 per annum + annual bonus
Hours: 37.5-hour week
Location: Washington, UK
Permanent role working for a leading defence/military design and manufacturing client.
Due to expansion this MOD/Defence client based Washington, requires a Systems Engineer to work as part of the integrated engineering teams to develop systematic solutions as required.
As a Systems Engineeryour responsibilities will be as followed:
- Analysis, derivation, decomposition and allocation of customer and stakeholder requirements to system, sub-system and component levels using formal methods and tools (DOORS).
- Development and management of System Architectures through Behavioural and Logical Models (SysML) in accordance with requirements and the system design.
- Coordinating with the wider Engineering team and sub-system subject matter experts to drive a coherent, balanced and compliant system design.
- Development of System and Sub-system design documentation including system and sub-system specifications, design descriptions, engineering plans and maturity assessments.
- Development of system test plans, performing system test and the production of test reports and customer acceptance evidence reports.
- Working with Customer, User, Engineering and Procurement teams to assist in resolving design queries, problems and conflicts.
- Supporting the design review process in accordance with the planned development lifecycle and maturity plan.
- Actively engaging with the project team for the development and monitoring of vehicle design systemic properties and physical architecture concepts.
- Supporting trade studies to evaluate system and sub-system concepts and to establish design solutions.
- Technical maturity planning and management including Technology, System, and Interface Readiness Levels.
- Participate in internal and external meetings, briefings and design reviews. This may involve:
- Undertaking technical presentations.
- The generation and review of technical reports and reporting on progress.
- Participating in technical debate and group problem solving.
- Briefing and working with Customers and Users.
- Provide engineering input to project submissions including cost estimating, project plans, and progress reports.
The Systems Engineer should have the following skills or experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Ideally working towards Chartered Engineer (CEng) status
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and be able to work in a team
- Understanding of the following software packages: Microsoft Office
- Ideally have an understanding of Armoured Fighting Vehicles.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with expert knowledge of Systems Engineering within an MOD/Defence manufacturing company. In return for your experience, this Washington based defence specialist will offer you:
- Full time permanent contract
- 37.5 hour working week
- £30,000 to £40,000 per annum plus benefit package
- Annual Company Bonus of up to 5%
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days
- Contribution pension
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of Systems Engineering within the manufacturing and defence field and want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Systems Engineer role, please contact Jade Whitmore at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446133
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.