£45k - 55k per year
Systems Engineer - System Modelling
Salary - Competetive
*** Important Information - UK EYES ONLY - Due to the strict security requirements of our client, ALL candidates MUST have UK Citizenship ***
Jonathan Lee Recruitment are pleased to be supporting QuEST Global Engineering Ltd in their search for suitably qualified and experienced Systems Engineers with Demonstrable experience in modelling with MATLAB and SIMULINK.
QuEST Global is a pure play engineering solutions company with a proven track record that serves the product lifecycle needs of high technology companies. A pioneer in offshore product development engineering, QuEST Global is one of the largest engineering service providers that cater to diversified verticals. With its local-global model, QuEST Global combines physical proximity to the customer providing domain knowledge and ease of interaction; along with delivery from low cost locations that also provides easy resource ramp-up.
We have a requirement for Systems engineers with systems modelling experience and exposure to MATLAB and SIMULINK. Roles will be based at our customer's site in Basildon.
This is to support the development of a new EO product which has just entered the assessment phase.
Candidates should currently be employed as a Systems Engineer with 2 to 3 years' experience of systems modelling experience and looking for the next stage in their career development. Ideally, we are looking for someone with Electro-optics systems experience and, a strong background in the use of Simulink, but candidates with experience of other aerospace/ defence applications, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation sectors will be considered.
- Will vary depending on level of experience but responsibilities as part of the systems modelling team may include:
- Modelling of EO performance of the system.
- Ability to generate, run and analyse scenarios once the model is complete
- System/sub-system functional analysis and generation of functional system architectures
- Generation of system/sub-system models to support the design, test and verification of system functionality & performance
- Production of supporting system documentation and diagrams
- Modifications to existing legacy systems models to support development of the product
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of systems modelling & simulation tools (i.e. MATLAB and Simulink)
- Experience of developing systems models to characterise system functionality & performance
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined Engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Understanding systems requirements, performing functional analysis and generating system functional architectures
- Experience of the Systems engineering lifecycle
- Previous experience of Electro-optics systems design
- Experience of MBSE (Model Based System Engineering) methodology
- Previous experience with CAMEOSIM (not essential)
2:1 or better Honours degree (BSc/ BEng/ MSc/ MEng) in Physics, Mathematics or Systems Engineering is preferred but will consider Optical Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience.
UK citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
If you meet the ESSENTIAL technical and security requirements then please apply now, or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org for a further conversation.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.