Job Role: System Engineer (3 positions available including Senior Systems Engineer & Principal Systems Engineer)
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Salary: £45K - £65K plus benefits
Industry: Aerospace & Defence (Must be available to be SC Cleared)
Jonathan Lee Recruitment has engaged with a key client and a global leading consultancy and service providers who lead and support award winning businesses across the planet with key and critical projects. Due to winning new business and continuous company growth, my client is looking for new talent within Systems Engineering for permanent roles. An option for contract may be considered. As the Systems Engineer, you will be based in Edinburgh, Scotland.
We have requirements for individuals at 3 different levels within the Systems Engineering organisation, based on skill set and experience. Some travel may be expected in this role.
Candidates should currently be employed as a Systems Engineer/ Senior Systems Engineer/ Principal Systems Engineer with experience of integration, verification, validation, certification, qualification and acceptance of complex, high-reliability systems.
Ideally you should have Radio Frequency/RF/Radar or Electro-optical systems experience but candidates with experience of other aerospace/ defence applications, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation sectors will be considered.
Will vary depending on level of experience, but main responsibilities may include:
- Lead/ support generation of test strategy, test plans & test documentation
- Planning/ preparation of integration/test environment, including facilities, test equipment (custom/ COTS), tools & test/ simulation software
- Lead/ support system integration and test activities, working closely with hardware, software & firmware teams to achieve project milestones/ deliverables
- Help to identify, investigate & resolve system integration issues
- Lead/support verification of system & sub-system requirements
- Define verification methods/ tests & show traceability to systems/ sub-system requirements
- Support system/ sub-system Qualification testing, including generation of test reports
- Lead/support system acceptance test activities
- Participation in Test and Qualification readiness reviews
- Gather test evidence and prepare documentation for Certification/Qualification
- Provide lab-based system demonstrations to customers/ partner companies
- Integrate systems on flight trials aircraft and support flight trials
- Support platform integration with customer systems/aircraft, including in-field system software upgrades
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- HND/HNC or degree (BSc/ BEng/ MSc/ MEng) in a relevant STEM-based subject
- Systems integration and/ or test experience of complex, high-reliability systems (ideally RF/ Radar or Electro-optics systems)
- Experience of verification and validation (V&V) activities to achieve certification and acceptance
- Experience of working in multi-disciplined Engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to generate high-quality documentation (test specifications, procedures & reports)
- Use of GPTE (i.e. spectrum analysers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc) & experience of running test scripts
- Previous IVV experience of RF/Radar or Electro-optics systems
- Experience of defining verification methods and generating tests requirements/ procedures
- Experience of showing traceability of V&V tests to systems requirements & generating/ updating Verification Matrices (VCRMs)
- Previous experience of working in a Trials or field role
- HND/ HNC or degree (BSc/ BEng/ MSc/ MEng)
- UK/ EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
- Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
Sound interesting? Please contact Daniel Warby at Jonathan Lee Recruitment for more information and apply!
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.