- Sector: Defence & Aviation
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Peter Heap
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Duration: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 03 June 2022
- Job Ref: 60937
Systems Engineer – Aerospace and Defence - Permanent – Attractive
A Systems Engineer is required to join an International Aerospace and Defence Systems company that is a supplier of systems, components and developing technologies with the ability to deliver operational excellence to their customers. The Systems Engineer will have strong background in Systems Engineering and responsible for Systems Engineering from requirements, development, specification, test, and integration. The Systems Engineer will be reporting technically to the Principal Systems Engineer.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Define and develop systems requirements and turn them into feasible solutions.
- Develop component and system specifications/descriptions as well as compliance.
- Work with systems components, hardware, and software.
- Responsible for the development of functions, systems, items, and components.
- Define validation plans and ensure compliance through analysis, simulation and/or test.
- Manage technical engagement with the supply chain.
- Work with systems architects, mechanical systems engineers, and simulation engineers
- Supporting certification engineering in discussions with the certification authorities.
- Generate technical reports and presentations, with the ability to present information.
- Develop specification documents and procedures for new products.
- Ensure the systems compliance and test of the components, items, and systems.
- Develop validation test methods and protocols.
- Use Aerospace and Defence best practices.
- Participate in in-depth analysis of systems test data.
- Ensure configuration management is in place for the systems and all of its components.
- Provide general technical feedback on the design and development of sub-systems.
The Systems Engineer should have the following Qualifications Skills or Experience:
- A Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Systems Engineering with relevant aerospace industry.
- Understanding of standards such as ARP4754, ARP4761, DO160, DO254, and DO178.
- Experience in Simulink models and software requirements.
- Experience in generating control laws / electronics as well as circuit design.
- Experience in generating/reviewing requirements for aerospace, ground or maritime.
- Experience with tools such as SysML, ANSYS or SCADE.
- Experience in management and development of products with suppliers.
- Experience in functional and physical system development as well as approval authority.
- Proficiency in Multi-domain Modelling/Simulation packages, e.g. MATLAB, Simulink or other.
- Experience in mechanical design, integration, and test of the electrical & electronic systems.
- Experience in component and item testing as well as running system test rigs.
- Experience in international standards, design practices, certification requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to design and set-up experiments and fixtures for testing (“Hands on” experience).
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Has experience identifying operational requirements and incorporate as appropriate.
- Has a good general aerospace engineering/technology knowledge base.
- Has a logical and methodical approach to work package planning and costing.
**Security Clearance (SC) will be required due to the nature of the Defence products involved**
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have experience of the Systems Engineering and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Systems Engineer role, please contact Peter Heap at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on 01384 446127 or send suitable CV’s firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.