- Sector: Automotive
- Function: Engineering
- Contact: Ellie Ebbage
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Contact Phone: 01384 397555
- Expiry Date: 31 May 2022
- Job Ref: 61577
Electrified Powertrain Manufacturing Machining Systems Engineer – 54927
Pay Rate: Up to £20.88/hr LTD rate (inside IR35). AWR rate increase applies after 12 weeks – rate will increase to £27.03/hr LTD.
Contract Position based at: Dunton
Powertrain Manufacturing Engineering (PTME) is a key contributing organisation within the business as we transition from our historical product line-up of Internal Combustion Engines (ICE) only, to a strong Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV) powertrain offering.
This position arises at an enthralling time as PTME Europe are at the forefront of the transformation of our manufacturing facilities across Europe from ICE to BEV. You would be a key member of our PTME family, helping us to modernise our business as we `Bring on Tomorrow' by manufacturing our new range of electrified powertrains for vehicles. Your role within the team would involve you collaborating with our partners, including: Product Development, Purchasing, and Manufacturing Plants.
We need you to share your transferable skills, knowledge, and experience within our team as you:
- Deploy and install flexible, agile, cost-effective machining systems across European powertrain manufacturing sites from design concept stages through to product launch by learning from the team.
- Engage in data optimised simulation, artificial intelligence, machine learning and new immerging technologies to create the future machining facilities for manufacturing.
- Immerse yourself within our dynamic and flexible team as you contribute to the `can do attitude' the team has as we work in a fast-changing environment
- Support lead engineers in the development of manufacturing feasibility, cost estimates and best practice input to shape our future powertrain solutions
- Support the continuous improvement of assembly systems and the introduction of new technologies globally
- High volume system process engineering experience
- Gear machining process knowledge.
- Prismatic machining process knowledge.
- MS Project planning skills.
- Ergonomic assessments.
- Workstation development including industrial engineering knowledge.
- Experience in a high volume Manufacturing role.
- Bachelor Degree or sufficient industry experience without Degree.
** THIS POSITION IS CONFIRMED INSIDE IR35 **
To apply for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.