Title: Systems Engineer
Division: Electrical Engineering
Contract Position based at: Gaydon
An exciting opportunity is available in Smart Settings group for a Systems Engineer to design and develop new features within Electrical Engineering department. The candidate will be responsible for designing systems according to V-Model which will include System Design, System Requirements, Component Requirements, DFMEA, developing design verification methods and plans, and testing their system on rigs and vehicles. Requirements cascade and stakeholder alignment on the requirements is a key part of this role.
3 Key Skills
- System engineering according to V model. This includes requirement engineering using tools such as DOORS to elicit and manage System and Component requirements, development of test methods/plans, carrying out testing against plans and reporting out results.
- Experience of V-Model. Automotive processes and tools e.g. CAN, Network Architecture, DFMEA, root cause analysis, CANalyser, CANape, issue tracking and reporting. Good electrical and software background.
- Interpersonal Skills: Self-motivated, deliver with minimum supervision. Agile, swiftly adjust in changing environment, team player.
- System engineering according to V model within Automotive, Aerospace or a similar industry.
- Requirements elicitation.
- Familiarity with Simulink/Matlab or Rhapsody.
- Educated to Degree level.