The Driver Information (DI) section of Electrical Engineering is responsible for a multitude of customer facing technologies such as Displays, Instrument Clusters and Head-up Displays. The purpose of this role is to drive and a systems engineering approach within the Driver Information team.
Operating in a cross-functional organisation, the Systems Engineer will report to the Lead Engineer - Systems. The role requires the individual to drive system level alignment across multiple complex systems, turning the customer experience in to a systems flow and cascading these requirements in to the hardware and software teams responsible for delivery, through DOORs and utilising Matlab Simulink, additionally to be responsible for the core knowledge and lessons learnt within the team, creating Bill of Design (BoD) and FFMEA.
3 KEY SKILLS
- MATLAB Simulink
- DOORs functional spec creation
- Knowledge of quality tools including (but not exclusive to) DFMEA, FMA, Ishikawa, G8D, DMAIC etc
- Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skills
- Previous experience in a lead systems engineering role, with proven track record of creating complex system interactions across multiple commodities.
- Must be capable of creating system process flows, and system requirements, based on customer requirements and features.
Relevant Degree or equivalent experience