Attractive + Benefits
7 months ago
Systems Engineer - London - Attractive - Permanent - Maritime and Defence
Multiple Systems Engineers are required to join a global company that specialises in Systems for the commercial and defence maritime industry. Their products include Navigation Systems, Radars Systems, Steering Systems, and Control Systems. The Systems Engineer is required to provide systems engineering support for Platform Management Systems in the UK Defence Sector. The Systems Engineer duties may include, but is not limited to, Obsolescence Management, Configuration Management, Technical Advice, Defect Investigation and Resolution, Safety and Risk Management.
Systems Engineer - Key Responsibilities
- Conduct/lead all systems engineering activities including requirements management
- Verification testing and design assurance activities.
- Produce/review project technical documentation to project schedule.
- Prepare for and deliver key design reviews in accordance with the programme schedule.
- Technical management of suppliers, ensuring requirements and design baselines are maintained.
- Reviewing and challenging technical documentation received from Customer and suppliers.
- Support/Lead reviews with the Customer and key suppliers.
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved in the programme.
- Ensure all responsibilities are delivered in accordance with Company Standards of and contractual processes.
Background Required for Systems Engineer
- Working on systems engineering activities on a programme.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in requirements management.
- Systems requirements management, definition, design, integration, acceptance and analysis.
- Defence, maritime, aerospace, or a similarly regulated industrial sector.
- Experience with safety critical projects.
- Experience in a similar role supporting UK Defence Sector customers.
Skills and Qualifications Required for the Systems Engineer
- Degree-qualified in a relevant engineering / technical subject.
- Previous experience within a system's engineering role.
- Knowledge of System Engineering models and techniques.
- Able to work with people effectively at all levels, using well-developed influencing skills.
- Good communication skills and able to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems.
- Strong IT skills, specifically with MS Office products.
Desirable Experience for the Systems Engineer
- Knowledge of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS or similar)
- Knowledge of marine electronic equipment and/or the marine environment
- Knowledge of marine navigation specific standards
- Familiar with military environmental standards
- Knowledge and experience of safety critical systems
- Experience of conducting EMC/Vibration/Shock qualification testing with external test houses
- Chartered Systems Engineering Professional is desirable
The successful Systems Engineer will receive a competitive basic salary, a very good benefits package, a great work life balance, a good pension scheme and investment in your future, your career and professional development.
**Security Clearance will be required for this role due to the nature of the Industry and the products involved**
If you feel you meet the requirements for the role of the Systems Engineer, then apply directly or contact Neil Cayley at Jonathan Lee Recruitment. Either Direct Line 01384 446114 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.