Competitive Salary and Package
Systems & Process Manager - UK & Europe
In support of our global manufacturing Group within the automotive sector, the role of Systems & Process Manager is to lead the documenting, evaluation and improvement of the European Business Units (EBU) processes and internal/external systems to support overall improvement in effectiveness.
Operating from the East Midlands site, but spending time closely working with the German/Polish sites, the Systems & Process Manager will require the management of the systems/process team to effectively utilise their skills and knowledge, ensuring their development and succession. You will need to closely and in detail, manage and analyse the monthly demand plan process for the EBU's at both a detail and aggregated level.
- Lead the development of EBU processes:
- Through a structured programme of documentation (using the existing Integrated Quality Management System) ensure the EBU has a clear and accurate record of current processes. Create and execute a continuous programme of review and improvement, engaging and educating the relevant EBU colleagues to ensure changes are understood and correctly implemented. Lead the awareness and use of improvement tools and techniques throughout EBU (e.g., APS, six sigma)
- Lead the development of systems used by EBU:
- Identify the areas for improvements in EBU systems and prepare a mid-term roadmap for the prioritisation (cost vs benefit) and execution of system developments. Review both internally and externally developed solutions. Ensure participation or delegation to team members for cross-BU projects
- As part of system development to ensure appropriate and robust business cases are prepared and communicated:
- Ensure they are critically evaluated post-implementation to demonstrate variance to plan and actual ROI.
- Manage the development of the unconstrained demand planning process:
- To collect the accurate SKU level quantity, sales and profit data which will be used for the forecasting, supply chain and budget processes. Ensure the evolution of the data is understood via commentary and analysis of variances to plan.
- Effectively lead and manage a team of specialists in the Systems/Process area:
- Provide support, challenge and development to the team, ensuring the internal company review cycle is followed and succession planning is effectively managed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
Educated to degree level ideally in Business Administration and / or Supply Chain, you should be/have:
- An ability to understand complex business processes and needs
- A strong analytical and statistical skills with a clear understanding of process improvement methods
- Detail oriented, resourceful and have excellent follow up and planning skills
- Communication & presentation skills, which can be utilized across all areas & levels of the business
- Strong skills in Microsoft Products and ERP Systems, particularly Excel
- Good relationship building and influencing skills
- IT and data proficient, with a wide understanding of relevant software solutions
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in Supply Chain, Quality or related activities
- >5 years' experience in managing teams
- Demonstrable experience in the application of continuous improvement techniques in a manufacturing environment
- Able to travel and work abroad as required.
This is a complex and analytical role where suitable candidates should have a manufacturing environment awareness with clear understanding of 'business' from promotion to cash collection.
You will be seeking improvement opportunities, each with clearly defined goals and measure. This role will be measured on achievement versus identified and agreed improvements. Success will lead to creation and delivery against a Systems roadmap.
To support this role, you must be able to demonstrate that you can lead from the front, to lead process improvements but to also lead by example. They will critically evaluate the status quo and be a real driver of change. Extremely strong presentation and communication skills are required for this position to convince and take both your team (x4) and colleagues in an exciting new direction.
Should you feel you have a highly analytical approach and be experienced in mapping and process alignment activity as well as working across sites, then please apply or contact Matthew Heath (email@example.com).
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.