Position: System Test Software Engineer
Location: Royton, Oldham, UK
Reports To: Product Compliance Manager
Salary range: £40-£48000 p/a
Our Client is the leader in world class automated payment solutions. We partner with businesses to provide payment experiences that set new and innovative standards for consumer convenience, security and reliability. We are excited to explore new ways every day to improve how millions of people across the globe can make their payments in a way that fits with their lives. Our global engineers develop products and deliver innovative solutions in currency validation technologies, cash management systems, digital payment technologies, mobile applications, security and digital advertising. We offer a range of devices for bill and coin validation, cash recycling and dispensing systems, IoT applications for our enterprise-level connected products and services, and software applications to integrate sensory hardware to machines and networks.
You will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation with the support of over 2,000 associates working in one of our 15 offices across the world. If you want to have a hands-on global impact on payment solutions, we want you to join our team as a System Test Software Engineer. This is a full time position based in our office in Manchester, UK.
The System Test Software Engineer will design and develop PC software applications to support our system tests for coin products. The successful candidate will have the ability to create and implement system test methods, documentation, and processes to help insure quality design releases. This individual will be responsible to run all system test with a test to fail culture to find any possible issue that may arise with our products or systems.
This would suit the kind of engineer who likes to be a part of the compliance and test culture.
The System Test Software Engineer will be responsible for
- Designing test software in Visual C# or Visual Basic for Windows
- The maintenance and use of effective test tools for product release activities. This includes release of technical requirements, tool build, documentation, QA metrics, and tool maintenance.
- Writing test scripts and software for interface system tests
- Execution of system tests
- Ability to identify test requirements, create formal test plans, and test matrices
- Development of automation test scripts, automation software and applications
- Creating and maintaining issues using the Jira issue tracking system
- Participating in the project management process by providing accurate estimates, monitoring progress, and ensuring that deliverables are met.
- Creating an automated test interface to operate solenoids, sensors or motors for new products for reliability and lifespan
- MBD Interfaces for product to product connectivity
- Low level controls algorithms
- Software development for mechatronic or electronic testing functions
- CC Talk
- Low Level programming to actuate individual systems on a new product
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Software Engineering
- Experience writing software in Visual C#, C++ or Visual Basic to interface with embedded devices
- Working knowledge of serial and networking protocols ( e.g. RS232, RS485, USB, TCP/IP, HTTP etc. )
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
- Experience in writing software test procedures and verification documents
- Ability to work under minimal direction
- Excellent oral and written communication
We are looking for:
- High energy levels and curiosity to solve multi-disciplinary problems
- Quality and compliance-focussed engineer
- Test to fail culture
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interface with personnel from various departments, levels and cultures across the globe
- The ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- A team player and the ability to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
- Ability to travel if necessary
- QA or compliance backgrounds specifically in software testing
- PLC programmer with self-taught coding and programming
- Test consoles
- CC Talk
- Electronic product engineering backgrounds
This is an incredible company to work for, and all of the development is in-house. If you are interested in thisopportunity please apply now.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency.